I’m an over-educated, mock-contemplative pseudo-adult with a fondness for strong male voices (despite my feminist leanings) and a distaste for anything overly sentimental. I am distinctly a product of the ’80’s and an unabashed Bob Dylan fan. My middle name is “minimalism”. My other middle name is “that sounds pretty”.
I’m Rory, a science librarian by day, an avid reader by night, and a shamefully reluctant foodie (the reluctant refers to the preparation, not the consumption). Although my background is in science – geography, geology, botany for the curious – I adore fiction, particularly the darker sort. What else do you need to know about me? My birthday is in the summertime and I’m very, very small.
- Lit-er-ar-y. adj. Concerning the writing, study, or content of literature, especially of the kind valued for quality of form.
- Mix-tape. n. The universal declaration of love.
GET TO KNOW ME IN
FIVE SIX EASY STEPS:
1. How to buy my love.
2. Bob. Dylan.
3. How to irritate me.
4. Who I would marry. You know, if he was real.
5. Where I sleep at night (and what I do in my spare time).
6. Why Cheap Trick and Jane Eyre are a perfect combination.
If you can think of anything else you need to know, just ask. I love hearing from you. Really, ask me anything: email@example.com. And thanks for stopping by.
I am NOT currently accepting, not even on a limited basis, books for review. If you’ve gotten this far, thank you and please know that every time someone considers me for their book, I am flattered (for two reasons: one, that you even found my blog, and two, that you took the time to ask my opinion). It’s best to realize it will take me a long time to respond to non-urgent emails.