2018 was a good reading year for me. I started listening to audiobooks, and it was a great surprise to me how much I loved them (good ones, that is, I often struggled when I didn’t enjoy the narrator). It also allows me to read while I work, which is nice. Except that time I sobbed while listening to The Rules of Magic at work… Explaining to all my non-reading coworkers that I was, in fact, perfectly fine was an interesting experience.
So, in no particular order, these were my favorite books of 2018 (published prior to 2018):
10. American Elsewhere // Robert Jackson Bennett
09. Everybody’s Fool // Richard Russo
08. Christine // Stephen King
07. The Library at Mount Char // Scott Hawkins
06. Lovecraft Country // Matt Ruff
05. Euphoria // Lily King
04. Sleeping Giants/Waking Gods // Sylvain Neuvel
03. The Heart’s Invisible Furies // John Boyne
02. The Dry // Jane Harper
01. The Rules of Magic // Alice Hoffman
Did you discover any great backlist titles you had missed?