01. I’m still pregnant. I’ll spare you the whining, but know that it’s there. And given how small this little peanut is predicted to be, going overdue may be a good thing. Still, there is something about the due date passing by that’s deflating.
02. Like short stories? Patrick Somerville’s The Universe in Miniature in Miniature is a great collection and it’s available through Featherproof Books at 20% off – and 100% of all sales will go directly to Planned Parenthood, Black Lives Matter, Equality Illinois, and the National Network for Immigrant and Refugee Rights until November 17.
03. Hillbilly Elegy was very much on my to read list, but the results of the elections bumped it up. I understand why people voted against him, but I do have trouble understanding why anyone would vote FOR him – this book is supposed to help.
04. I just picked up my hold for Outlander (television show) at the library. I’m looking forward to watching it while I am on maternity leave. Clearly, I have BIG plans for my productivity.
05. In my last post I mentioned choosing between Acadia National Park (in Maine) and Olympic National Park (in Washington). I’m still thinking on it, but the above photo is Acadia (found here).
06. Rest in peace Leonard Cohen. This will never not be an amazing song.