Or ten things you’ll love about me? Whichever.
As bookish as the site tends to be, sometimes it’s more fun to find out more about the person behind the blog…? Is that true? It’s true for me. I love reading about others, but I’m generally somewhat hesitant to share about myself. Weird how that works.
Let’s see. What won’t bore you to tears… I mean, did you know I’m like Stephen King?! I think you did.
- For those who follow along, I just announced that I’m having a baby! It’s certainly not the most interesting thing about me, but it’s probably the most…obvious, at the moment.
- I love, love, love the movie Ten Things I Hate About You. Julia Stiles is my hair idol. Also, for better or worse, really enjoyed some of that soundtrack.
- I am currently completing my continued education for the year (for my job) in Virginia. It’s a one week intensive course about scientific illustrations through 1800. It is actually the longest period I’ve been away from my kids (please ignore the sniffles).
- I love National Parks. This year I’ll check three off my list: Crater Lake National Park, Big Bend National Park, and Rocky Mountain National Park.
- I love the outdoors, especially hiking and swimming. I would love it even more if I could somehow make my wonderful queen size mattress fit in my four person tent.
- There’s a lot to be both angry and sad about in the world, and most of the time I don’t know what to say. One of the topics that irritates me the most is that no one ever asks my husband why he doesn’t (or if he’s planning on) staying home with the kids. That is the number two question I’m asked, right after do I know what I’m having. “So will you stay home with the kids now?” is one of the fastest ways to get on my nerves. It seems almost trivial with the state of things in the world, but…it’s not to me.
- I feel like the only person not obsessed with Hamilton. It’s on my list to get to, really! I find it odd how not keeping up with pop culture can make you feel a little isolated.
- The new Gilmore Girls, however, will be made a priority. SO EXCITED.
- I’m terrified of flying on tiny planes. I took a 23 minute flight from Washington, D.C. to Charlottesville, VA recently and thought I was going to die for every single one of those minutes.
- At this point, I am (a bit) legitimately worried that you’re bored. I don’t watch TV, I don’t read YA, I’m not obsessed with Hamilton, I exercise and eat right, I’m pregnant (which means I desperately miss gin), and I really do love clogs. Who loves clogs?! But seriously, exciting times around here. Fun Fact: A coworker recently told me only old people wear clogs. Whatever.
I hope this post didn’t leave you…whelmed.
Happy Tuesday! Tell me something about yourself! If you’d like. If I was a good blogger, I’d give you a prompt.
(I’m a bad blogger.)
Image found here.