I resisted the urge to title the post “Goooooaaal”, but it was a near thing.
I don’t know whether it is a good thing or not, but I am (generally) a driven person. I love goals and to-do lists. At the same time, they need to be self-imposed, because I get a bit petulant when someone else tells me I have to do something. I don’t want to be told what to do. Clearly, I’m only 13. Hopefully the followings goals I set for myself prove to be attainable, yet challenging. It should make for an interesting year.
10. I’ve had a FitBit for about a month now and I’d like to get into the challenge part of it a bit more. I’m naturally competitive and typically active, but I can’t seem to get past 11,000 steps in the natural progression of my day. Anyone out there have a Fitbit? Any advice?
09. I want to find a balance and direction with the blog. I like to think of this as a diary of what I read, but I notice reviews have the fewest comments. That is okay, but one of my favorite parts of blogging is the community, so at the same time it matters…
08. I’ve gone gluten free (this will theoretically help with my arthritis), which makes me a miserable, cranky person to be around. Can we discuss the wonder and brilliance of freshly baked french bread? Regardless of such merits, french bread is out. Quinoa is in.
07. I’d like to incorporate a wider variety of reading. This last year was spent almost exclusively with darker, adult fiction and I’d like to switch that up a bit. I want to include a little bit of YA and generally read across genres, everything from romance to crime to sci-fi.
06. Always, always, always. Comment more, check in with blogs I follow more, etc. This will always be on here.
04. Interact more on social media. Instagram is really the only one I keep up with and I feel like I miss so many important/useful/fun conversations on twitter.
03. Take a road trip. Kentucky is pretty high up on my list.
02. Keep up with the maintenance portion of my blog better. I pretty consistently fall behind on updating my list, review, and other indices.
01. Keep reading. Shocking, I know.
What are your goals for the next year? For more blogging goals, go here.
(Image found here, that is my preferred, though highly unlikely road trip.)