This year I intend to do all of the following (as hosted by The Broke and the Bookish):
(And, more than likely, fail at most of them. I prefer to think of this sentiment as realistic rather than negative. After all, I intend to do these and I will try my best.)
10. Change over to Disqus. How did you comment on this post? Did I already accomplish this?
09. Complete Apartment Therapy January Cure. Maybe blog about it? Like many other book bloggers, I feel I get stuck in a bit of a rut on the blog. Do I branch out? I don’t want to alienate anyone, but at the same time I want to be authentic, etc. Also, I spend a ton of time on house projects. So it’s easy content, in a way.
08. Comment more. Yeah… Every year I want to do this. This year. This year it’s going to happen.
(Setting myself up to fail with this one.)
07. Discover new blogs. Have any to suggest?
06. Request less. Stay away from all of the Netgalley/Edelweiss temptation.
05. Read more backlist fiction. I don’t want to miss out on some great titles just because I’m trying to keep up with the latest releases.
04. Relax. I’m a tense, to-do list kind of person. When I fail to post, I actually get upset about it. This is a hobby. I need to calm down.
(Easier said than done.)
03. Back up my blog. This one scares me, but I’ve never backed up blog. I keep meaning to…and then I never do. I’d cry if I lost my content.
02. Learn more about blog design. I’d love to figure out more if the behind the scene details. It can’t be that complicated, can it?
01. Come up with a really great goal for the blog. And then accomplish it.
Bonus: Sleep more, eat right, exercise, get outside, etc. etc. You know, the important things…
Image via Simplified Bee.