Apparently we are halfway through the year already, as we’re practically through June – how did that happen? Anyway, this means it’s officially far enough into the year to start taking a guess at what will be my favorite reads of the year (as hosted by The Broke and The Bookish). Of course, this list is subject to change come December, because I still have six glorious reading months to go.
But so far, here is what I’ve liked*:
10. The Winter People by Jennifer McMahon
09. Ruby by Cynthia Bond
08. The Dylanologists by David Kinney
07. Young God by Katherine Faw Morris
06. Shotgun Lovesongs by Nikolas Butler
05. Road to Reckoning by Robert Lautner
04. Steal the North by Heather Brittain Bergstrom
03. A Man Came Out of a Door in the Mountain by Adrienne Harun
02. Tony Hogan Bought Me an Ice Cream Float Before He Stole My Ma by Kerry Hudson
01. Bellweather Rhapsody by Kate Racculia
*For some reason, this year hasn’t been a great reading year for me, I’m still trying to find that book. The one that is unequivocally a must read, five star book. I’ve got six months left to find it.
What’s your favorite book of the year? Has 2014 lived up to your reading expectations?
(And I’m happy to point out, for the first time in my life, there are far more female authors on my list than male authors.)