It’s that time of year again – beach reading – for those of us lucky enough not to be landlocked. Personally, I am landlocked in the very dry, very un-swimmable Colorado. So I’ll just call It summer reading. That doesn’t mean I don’t daydream of lounging on the beach with a good book. If I were going to do that – and I’m hopeful that will happen at some point this summer – I’d recommend reading any of the following:
To be far, this list is nearly an even mix of upcoming/newly released titles that I’m looking forward to and backlist titles that I’ve enjoyed. As hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
09. Summer Sisters by Judy Blume. This is perfect reading, beach or not.
08. Bellweather Rhapsody by Kate Racculia. A delightful novel where Glee meets The Shining.
07. Fourth of July Creek by Smith Henderson. Consider this your literary fiction beach read.
06. Mrs. Hemingway by Naomi Wood. Hemingway did like to right about the sea…
05. The Secret Life of Violet Grant by Beatriz Williams. After the wonderful One Hundred Summers, this does not disappoint.
04. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart.
03. The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness. The conclusion of the All Souls Trilogy will finally be release this July.
02. All the Bird Singing by Evie Wyld. The cover alone was enough to sell me.
01. The String Diaries by Stephen Lloyd Jones.
What are you reading this summer? Any of you lucky enough to actually live some place by the beach?