10. Please enjoy the day jobs of poets (above).
09. I bought a car. It was as awful as I thought it would be.
08. Nirvana was recently inducted into the Hall of Fame. It’s amazing to me that it’s been twenty years since the death of Kurt Cobain. Nirvana defined the early ‘90s (for me).
07. Five Pulitzer decisions more shocking than Donna Tartt’s win. Personally, I’m ambivalent about this particular selection, but Faulkner winning for A Fable was pretty shocking.
06. Gabriel Garcia Marquez. He was one of those authors I loathed as a young teen, but greatly appreciated in my early 20s.
05. Why, WHY are jumpsuits and rompers coming back? Unless you are less than 24 months old, just no… I’ve been seeing them everywhere lately.
04. “It’s still National Library Week. You should be especially nice to a librarian today, or tomorrow. Sometime this week, anyway. Probably the librarians would like tea. Or chocolates. Or a reliable source of funding.” Neil Gaiman
03. Yeah, I’m not gonna read that. To read or not to read erotica… Either way, you must read the comments. For what it’s worth, I’ve read some and my cynical side says it’s far too unrealistic (i.e. in no way am I interested in 12 continual hours of activity, ouch).
02. Anyone thinking about getting married? Ask Charles Darwin for advice. My favorite: don’t marry, you’ll have less money for books.
01. I consider myself a very easygoing person. I like to get along with everyone – outwardly, at the very least. My mind is a shockingly sarcastic place. However, I have one coworker that just won’t leave me alone. To be clear, he is not harassing me, he just says a variety of rude, passive aggressive things. Luckily he’s in a different department, so I’m only subjected to him a few times a week. I’m trying to come up with a response other than “FFS, SHUT UP”. No luck yet.
How’s your week? Have you thanked/kissed/bowed down to a librarian this week? Personally, I’m all about Neil Gaiman’s chocolate suggestion (dark chocolate with sea salt, please).
Thanks to Christine for hosting.
Image found via Incidental Comics