Hosted by Christine, so blame her and join in.
10. I find all the criticism of Daniel Murphy to be ridiculous (baseball player, NY Mets). He took three days off for the birth of his son and missed the first two games of the season. Fans and commentators are upset that he wanted to witness the birth of his son; they feel he shouldn’t be allowed paternity leave. It’s ridiculous and embarrassing that anyone feels that way. And from the perspective of a woman, I would be beyond angry if my partner willingly chose to skip the birth of our child.
09. I’ve never been particularly interested in perfume, but I did develop a mild interest after reading The Perfume Love: A Personal History of Scent by Denyse Beaulieu. I wear one perfume occasionally: Library of Flowers – Honeycomb. The more I thought about it, the more I found the idea of this to be absurdly appropriate. How did I end up choosing this scent? Is it because I’m a horticultural librarian and the name appealed to me? I don’t know…
07. Which literary couple are you? I got Lady Chatterley and Oliver Mellors. You don’t need to be a part of a couple to take this (according to me, at any rate), but it is pretty funny. Or me being identified with Lady Chatterley is, at the very least.
06. I’m going to BEA in New York (this May). I’m so excited, I haven’t been to New York since my early twenties and I have spent any real time there since I was a teenager. I’ll get to meet Leah and Shannon and several others I’m very excited.
(My beach vacation is also booked for the summer. I practically cannot wait. As is tradition, I’m going to tweet all of my lovely beach pictures to Kate in the middle of her winter. It’s only fair.)
05. I recently discovered Wallander. I love it, it is so perfectly Scandinavian. Can I please move to Sweden? PLEASE.
03. I have been car shopping for the last week and a half, I last did this ten years ago when I graduated from college, it was far more exciting then. However, I’ve neither maimed anyone nor spontaneously combusted, so it’s been successful.
(This depends on how you measure success, as I haven’t bought anything yet.)
02. I have a friend on a Facebook who is a huge fan of quotes, I usually derisively roll my eyes, but I always knew I liked Henry Rollins (Wrong Turn 2 was lovely): I want a soul mate who can sit me down, shut me up, tell me ten things I don’t already know, and make me laugh. I don’t care what you look like, just turn me on.
Yes, Henry Rollins, that’s what I want. Even is you were creepy on Sons of Anarchy…
01. NPR’s April Fools’ joke is a masterpiece – really, really good. Conversely, America is full of idiots – at least the ones on Facebook…
So is anyone else going to BEA? Any places I must eat in New York? How is your week going?
Swedish travel poster found here.