I am back from vacation and feeling a bit of that post holiday letdown. Luckily I don’t go back to work until Saturday, so that’s something. This is my second and last set of vacation photos and, I will warn you, there’s food. But I write a blog about books and food, so what do you expect? This particular set features the rest of my stay in Vancouver, BC and one more day in Seattle.
A few interesting facts:
Books seen on the plane:
State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
The Maxims of Manhood by Jeff Wilser
Dead Ever After by Charlaine Harris
The Harbinger by Jonathan Cahn
Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts
Hours traveled on airplane (and I swear I didn’t even whimper in fear once): 8
Countries visited: 1
Book stores: 3
Books purchased: 4
Days traveled: 9
Also, I am strangely fascinated (and delighted) by food trucks.
1. Cleveland Dam (or should I call it Lake Okobogee? (X-Files Season 1 for non-fans)), Vancouver, BC
2. Lion’s Gate Bridge, Vancouver, BC
3. Granville Island Public Market (fabulous Maple Cream Beer available from Granville Island Brewery), Vancouver, BC
4. Vancouver Public Library
5. Grilled Cheese from Mom’s Grilled Cheese Truck, Vancouver, BC
6. Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge (that’s me for perspective), Vancouver, BC
7. Vancouver Skyline from Stanley Park (lovely weather, no?), Vancouver, BC
8. North Beach, Seattle
9. Beside North Beach, Seattle (if you live in someplace that’s never green, trees become fascinating and beautiful and I needed a 15th picture)
10. Beecher’s Vegetable Mac & Cheese, Pike’s Place Market, Seattle
11. Gumbo and Po’ Boy from Where Ya At Matt? Food Truck (bringing soul food to Seattle), Bellevue WA
12. Jive Time Records, Seattle (Rolling Stone and I actually agree on something, Jive Time is great)
13. The Modern Lovers. Front and Center. As it should be.
14. Fremont Ave Troll, Seattle
15. Fremont Avenue Bridge. Welcome to the center of the universe, set your watch ahead 5 minutes.
Once again, thank you for humoring me and my iPhone photos (they’re not THAT bad, but they’re not that good either). Thoughts? Comments? Insights? What exactly do you say to someone’s vacation post aside from I hate you…?