This week’s top ten list: book series I haven’t finished for one reason or another (as hosted by The Broke and The Bookish). I should also preface this by saying I am not a big series reader, so this list took some thought. Thus, I’m dividing this up: the first five are series I believe need to end (preferably a few books ago) and the second five are ones that I have been shamefully neglecting and haven’t caught up on yet…
In no particular order:
10. The Alex Cross series by James Patterson: In general, I just feel this series needs to end, but I haven’t read the last 5 or so books so maybe it improved…? The start of it was great!
9. The Women’s Murder Club series by James Patterson: Perhaps I just have a James Patterson problem…
8. The Night Huntress series by Janiene Frost: I just lost interest eventually…
7. Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella: This is another one I felt had run its course, but it just keeps going!
6. The Southern Vampire Mysteries (Sookie Stackhouse) series: it needed to end a few books ago.
These are ones I can’t wait to catch up on…
5. The Dark Tower Series by Stephen King: I haven’t read the newest one (this one is shameful, I love this series).
4. The Locke and Key Series by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez: I need to get the latest entry
3. Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon: I’d love to find out what’s going on with Jamie and Claire, the novels are just SO LONG.
2. The Crowther and Westerman novels by Imogen Robertson: I want to catch up with these too
1. Wolf Hall series by Hilary Mantel: I still need to read book two.
What about you? Any series you gave up on?