This week’s top
ten seven list is a list of bookish people I would like to meet (authors, bloggers, etc.). I’m extending the scope of the list to include both living and deceased individuals. I don’t know that I’d actually want to meet these people, as I’m not sure it’s wise to meet people you idolize. Here’s a list nonetheless, whether I’ll even make it to ten is another story entirely. As hosted by The Broke and The Bookish…
In no particular order…
7. Molly Ringwald. What can I say, I love ’80’s movies and she written a couple books (that I have not read, but have every intention of doing so…eventually).
6. John Irving. This is probably the only person on this list that would render me mute…There is probably nothing I could say to explain what A Prayer for Owen Meany meant to me.
5. Stephen King. It’s no secret that I love many of his novels, novellas, short stories, etc., but I also appreciate his political stance and love of the Red Sox.
4. John Sandford. I love the Lucas Davenport series (and the Virgil Flowers series as well). I also loved Lucas’ “Best Songs of the Rock Era” list. Also, should said author read this, I would really appreciate a listing of Virgil Flowers’ t-shirts.
3. Joe Hill. Aside from the fact he’s Stephen King’s son, which has no bearing on why I would want to meet him, I love the Locke and Key series. And I enjoy following his twitter feed. And he likes Doctor Who. What more can you ask for?
And I can’t tell you how much I want that wall in my house.
Photos: Found on Dust Jacket Attic, original source unknown.